Nutrena SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed
Nutrena SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed is specially designed formula for the older horse with high fat, controlled starch, and key ingredients. SafeChoice Senior gives your old friend what she needs to make every year golden. It’s specifically designed for older horses over the age of fifteen, especially those suffering from unexpected age-related weight loss, exhibiting sluggishness, experiencing issues with muscle or coat quality, or having difficulty chewing their hay.
- Nutri-Bloom Advantage
Increases fiber digestion by up to 15% and digestible energy by up to 5%. So your horse gets more nutrition from every bite.
- Balanced Omegas
Balanced Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acid levels from rice brand and flaxseed
Highly digestible fiber sources allow you to feed SafeChoice Senior by itself, without hay or pasture.
Formula enhanced with antioxidants – including selenium and vitamins C and E – to support aged immune systems and help minimize the effects of stress.
- Topline Balance
Including Topline Balance, the Nutrena brand’s unique approach to topline health
- Balanced Sources
Guaranteed maximums of starch and sugar levels
Stop into any of Steinhauser’s 6 locations in the greater Houston area for your equine feed and supplies including Nutrena SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed. Have questions? Please feel free to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will help you find the best products for your equine.
SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed is a high-fat, controlled starch, complete feed to meet the unique needs of senior horses. It’s specifically designed for horses over fifteen, especially those suffering from unexpected age-related weight loss, exhibiting sluggishness, experiencing issues with muscle or coat quality, or having difficulty chewing their hay. SafeChoice Senior gives your old friend what she needs to make every year golden.
- Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- If your horse has no dental problems, feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
- If your horse has severe dental problems, SafeChoice Senior horse feed may be soaked with warm water to form QuickMash in just 3 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency your horse prefers.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling.
- Salt should be available free choice at all times.
|Crude Fiber||max. 16.0%|
|Dietary Starch*||max. 14.0%|
|Calcium||0.75 - 0.95%|
|Vitamin A||4,500 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||150 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||150 IU/lb|
|Vitamin C||75 mg/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus Faecium||5.1M CFU/lb|