Nutrena SafeChoice Mare & Foal Pellet Horse Feed
Nutrena SafeChoice Mare & Foal Pellet Horse Feed is a controlled starch pelleted formula for pregnant or lactating mares, weanlings, and yearlings.
SafeChoice Mare & Foal helps ensure your new addition gets off to a strong start, and is designed with those key first years in mind.
- Balanced calcium, phosphorus, copper, and zinc help support healthy bone growth
- Mare and Foal
Multi-use formula is ideal for growing horses through the second year of life and for pregnant or lactating mares
- Highly Palatable
Highly palatable to encourage consumption and smooth the transition during weaning
- Topline Balance
Including Topline Balance, the Nutrena brand’s unique approach to topline health
- Balanced Sources
Guaranteed maximums of starch and sugar levels
- Prebiotics Probiotics
Added prebiotics and probiotics support the intestinal microbes to help your horse achieve more efficient absorption of nutrients.
Stop into any of Steinhauser’s 6 locations in the greater Houston area for your equine feed and supplies including Nutrena SafeChoice Mare & Foal Pellet Horse Feed. Have questions? Please feel free to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will help you find the best products for your equine.
SafeChoice Mare & Foal Horse Feed is a controlled starch feed for pregnant or lactating mares and growing horses through the second year. Promotes optimum development during the formative years. Formulated with prebiotics and probiotics to aid in nutrient digestion and digestive health. Guaranteed amino acid levels to support muscle development and maintenance. Balanced calcium, phosphorus, copper and zinc to aid in proper bone growth. Organic trace minerals to support optimal skeletal development, immune function, and hair coat and hoof quality. SafeChoice Mare & Foal helps ensure your new addition gets off to a strong start. It’s designed with those key first years in mind. It nourishes growing muscles, contributes to proper bone growth, supports a young immune system, enhances hair and hoof quality, and aids in nutrient digestion and health.
- Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice Mare & Foal Horse Feed. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- Feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling.
- Salt should be available free choice at all times.
|Crude Fiber||max. 15.0%|
|Dietary Starch*||max. 17.0%|
|Calcium||0.90 - 1.20%|
|Vitamin A||5,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||500 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||150 IU/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus faecium||5.1M CFU/lb|
- Privacy Page
- Farm & Ranch
- Bulletin Board
Sign up today
- April 24:
- April 28:
- May 15:
- May 16:
- May 22:
- June 12:
- June 13:
- June 19: