Purina Omolene 500 Horse Feed
For hard-working and endurance equine athletes… Purina Omolene 500 Horse Feed contains the Purina Amplify Nugget, a patented, high-fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flaxseed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile.
Purina’s Omolene Horse Feeds deliver consistent, superior quality that helps keep your horse looking great. That’s because no other feed company spends the time and effort researching feeds like Purina, where new products or improvements to existing feeds are only brought to market when they have repeatedly proven themselves to deliver what you expect.
When you feed Purina’s Omolene Horse Feed you will have the peace of mind that comes from the trust in and reputations of the Purina and the Omolene® brands, which are backed by industry-leading research and over 100 years of equine nutrition.
Stop into Steinhauser’s for your supply of Purina Omolene 400 Horse Feed today. Steinhauser’s has 6 locations in the greater Houston area to best serve you. Have questions? Be sure to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will find the right feed for your equine. Check out more information about Purina’s equine feed on their website.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Natural Whole Grains||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|LEVEL OF WORK||600||800||1,000||1,200||1,400|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture (lbs/day) *||7.0||9.5||12.0||14.5||17.0|
|Omolene #500®Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.50||13.25||20.75||18.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. For every 2 lbs of additional hay fed, decrease the amount of Omolene #500®
Horse Feed offered by 1 lb. EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 14 lbs of hay instead of 12 lbs to a 1,000 lb moderate work horse,
reduce Omolene #500® Horse Feed offered by 1.0 lb from 7.0 to 6.0 lbs per day (2 lbs of additional hay divided by 2.0 lbs = 1.0 lb less of
Omolene #500® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.4 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided
by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than 4.0 lbs per day (10 x 0.4 = 4.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at
that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #500® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32®
• Do not feed free-choice
• Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
• Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
• Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
• Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
• Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
• This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
• In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program