Purina Omolene 400 Horse Feed
Purina Omolene 400 Horse Feed is now formulated with Outlast® Gastric Support Supplement. This feed was created for competition and breeding horses with roughage built-in.
Exceptional horse feeds like Purina® Omolene® aren’t built overnight
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina Omolene horse feed lineup. We started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients and prebiotic fibers. From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center led to scientific breakthroughs that keep our formulas on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance.
Because only innovations proven to have the highest level of performance and safety earn their place in Purina® Omolene® horse feeds, you can feed with full confidence. Whether you need to fuel intense competitive performance, support your horse’s gastric health or nourish the growth of the next generation of equine athletes, Omolene® feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges.
When there’s greatness on the inside, it shows on the outside.
Stop into Steinhauser’s for your supply of Purina Omolene 400 Horse Feed today. Steinhauser’s has 6 locations in the greater Houston area to best serve you. Have questions? Be sure to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will find the right feed for your equine. Check out more information about Purina’s equine feed on their website.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget||
|Low Dust Ingredients||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Omolene #400® Horse Feed (lbs/day)*|
|Maintenance - Average Activity||6.5||8.75||10.75||13.00||15.25|
|Very Heavy Work||13.50||18.00||22.50||26.75||31.25|
|Mare Early Gestation (First 250 Days)||6.75||8.75||11.25||13.25||15.50|
|Mare Late Gestation (Last 90 Days)||7.75||10.50||13.25||15.75||18.25|
|Mare Early Lactation (First 3 Months)||12.25||16.50||20.50||24.75||28.75|
*In order to meet the minimum daily requirements of protein, vitamins and minerals, do not feed less than 0.6 lbs per 100 lbs of body
weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than
6.0 lbs per day (10 x 0.6 = 6.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace
Omolene #400® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32® Horse Supplement.
• Do not feed free-choice
• Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
• Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
• Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
• Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
• This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
• In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program