Nutrena SafeChoice Special Care Horse Feed
Nutrena SafeChoice Special Care is a low controlled starch formula for horses with metabolic concerns and easy keepers. SafeChoice Special Care is specially designed for horses that are prone to metabolic issues related to starch intake. It’s also ideal for easy keepers, ponies, and miniature horses.
Lowest levels of starch and sugar in the SafeChoice lineup
- No Corn
Corn and corn co-product free
- Prebiotics Probiotics
Added prebiotics and probiotics support the intestinal microbes to help your horse achieve more efficient absorption of nutrients.
- Consistent Nutrients
Every bag of Nutrena feed delivers consistent nutrient levels
- Organic Trace Minerals
To support immune system strength, we include organic trace mineral complexes
- Topline Balance
Including Topline Balance, the Nutrena brand’s unique approach to topline health
Stop into any of Steinhauser’s 6 locations in the greater Houston area for your equine feed and supplies including Nutrena SafeChoice Special Care Horse Feed. Have questions? Please feel free to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will help you find the best products for your equine.
Formulated without corn or corn co-products and an ideal blend of nutrients offers controlled starch and fat levels for a balanced source of energy. Guaranteed amino acid levels to support muscle maintenance and development with added prebiotics and probiotics to aid in digestion. Organic trace minerals for improved immune support and skin/coat/hoof health.
- Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice® Special Care. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- Feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling.
- Salt should be available free choice at all times.
|Crude Fiber||max. 15.0%|
|Dietary Starch*||max. 11.0%|
|Calcium||0.90 - 1.20%|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||350 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||100 IU/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus Faecium||5.1M CFU/lb|