Nutrena SafeChoice Maintenance Horse Feed
Nutrena SafeChoice Maintenance Horse Feed is a low starch formula that helps maintain body condition.
There may come a time when your horse’s activity level tapers off a little. SafeChoice Maintenance is a proven controlled starch formula that supports healthy digestion at a moderate calorie level.
- Moderate calorie level is ideal for easy keepers
- Balanced for Low Activity
Provides balanced nutrition for maintenance to light exercise activity levels
- Topline Balance
Including Topline Balance, the Nutrena brand’s unique approach to topline health
- Balanced Sources
Guaranteed maximums of starch and sugar levels
- Prebiotics Probiotics
Added prebiotics and probiotics support the intestinal microbes to help your horse achieve more efficient absorption of nutrients.
Guaranteed levels of biotin support hair coat and hoof development
Stop into any of Steinhauser’s 6 locations in the greater Houston area for your equine feed and supplies including Nutrena SafeChoice Maintenance Horse Feed. Have questions? Please feel free to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will help you find the best products for your equine.
Balanced energy with moderate calorie level for maintenance horses and guaranteed amino acid levels to support muscle maintenance. SafeChoice Maintenance Horse Feed has added prebiotics and probiotics to aid in nutrient digestion and digestive health. Organic trace minerals for immune support, increased bioavailability and improved skin, hair and hoof quality
- Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice Maintenance Horse Feed. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- Feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling.
- Salt should be available free choice at all times.
|Crude Fiber||max. 18.0%|
|Dietary Starch*||max. 20.0%|
|Calcium||0.80 - 1.20%|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||300 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||75 IU/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus faecium||5.1M CFU/lb|