Nutrena SafeChoice Original Horse Feed
Safechoice Original Horse Feed is the time-tested controlled starch formula for all life stages. Nutritionally balanced for growing and mature horses alike, SafeChoice Original helps make feeding a wide range of horses more convenient – without sacrificing nutritional quality or peace of mind.
Guaranteed maximums of starch and sugar levels
Ideal for horses with digestive disturbances
- Topline Balance:
Including Topline Balance, the Nutrena brand’s unique approach to topline health
- Organic Trace Minerals:
To support immune system strength, we include organic trace mineral complexes
- Consistent Nutrients:
Every bag of Nutrena feed delivers consistent nutrient levels
- Prebiotics Probiotics:
Added prebiotics and probiotics support the intestinal microbes to help your horse achieve more efficient absorption of nutrients.
Stop into any of Steinhauser’s 6 locations in the greater Houston area for your equine feed and supplies including Nutrena SafeChoice Original Horse Feed. Have questions? Please feel free to contact us and a helpful member of our staff will help you find the best products for your equine.
SafeChoice Original Horse Feed is a proven controlled starch formula for all life stages. Nutritionally balanced for growing and mature horses alike, SafeChoice Original helps make feeding a wide range of horses more convenient - without sacrificing nutrition quality or peace of mind.
- Ideal blend of nutrients offers controlled starch and fat levels for a balanced source of energy
- Guaranteed amino acid levelsto support muscle maintenance and development
- Added prebiotic and probiotics to aid in digestion
- Organic trace minerals for improved immune support and skin/coat/hoof health
- Pelleted form
- Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice® Original. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- Feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling.
- Salt should be available free choice at all times.
|Crude Fiber||max. 15.0%|
|Dietary Starch*||max. 17.0%|
|Calcium||0.90 - 1.20%|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||350 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||100 IU/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus Faecium||5.1M CFU/lb|